Wednesday, November 25, 2009
yyyyyyUUUMMMMMM VERYBERRY AND LEMONCAKE
yyyyyyyUUHHHHMMMMMMMM.....VERY BERRY AND LOVELY LEMON CAKE...
this is absolutely..the most yummy berry cake ....if you have the money(i know you kids are on a tight budget!)put in double the amount of mixed berries= 2 cups of berries! it may take a little longer to cook...but it is so very good especially eaten soon after cooling a bit, WITH A DOLLOP OF WHIPPED CREAM oorrrrrr eat when warm with wonderfully good vanilla ice cream!!!!!!!!!
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup ground almonds(or make some in the Cuisinart)
185 grams(it will say on the wrapper)unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1cup(i like 2)seasonal mixed berries...blueberries/raspberries.etc
1 cup cream (optional) or ice cream
1. preheat the oven to 350
2. grease the pan you are going to use...i use a very cheap 8 by 8 inch square baking pan....if you have a 8 or 9 inch springform pan, that is even better!OH OH ... a springform pan, is a baking(round)pan, that the sides can slide off after the baking!
tip.....to "grease" a pan..you can do it 2 different ways....you can put a tablespoon of nontasting oil....like sunflower...and wipe it all over the pan with a paper towel...or finger, making sure all excess is wiped out, orrrrr, the way i like to do it is take a stick of butter and smear it all over and then i take my fingers to make sure it is in all the corners...you guys know how i like to TOUCH everthing!!!!
o k back to yummy berry cake!!!!!!
3. in a large bowl sift(use your wire strainer)together the flour and the baking powder, then stir in the ground almonds
4. place the butter, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolves.
5. gradually mix the melted butter mixture into the the flour mixture until just combined (wooden spoon)
6. then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition
7. pour the batter into the prepared tin and evenly distribute the berries on top, gently pressing the berries into the batter
8. bake on the middle shelf of the oven until a skewer/toothpick, comes out nearly clean around 40 min, but start checking after 30 min(i like my cake more moist)
9. leave the cake in the tin and place on wire rack to cool
(don't we usually eat the whole thing 15 min after it comes out of the oven!!!! :-)
IT IS GREAT SERVED WITH FRESH HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM ooorrrr yummy ice cold ice cream!!!!!!